Every month, 150 million people from around the globe search Pinterest for ideas and inspiration. These searches, and more importantly, what users save to their boards, offer insight into emerging trends across beauty and hair, fashion, home, entertaining, food and beverage, travel, and health and wellness. The insights team at Pinterest tracks these shifts, identifying the top trends in each key category that show considerable year-over-year interest (25% and higher), critical mass (more than 500,000 saves on a topic), and a strong trend upward in the final quarter of the year to predict what trends will continue to gain traction into the following year. In our infographic, we look at the top trends in each category for 2017!
Pinterest: 5 Social Media Trends You Need to Know For 2017
1. 75% of Pinterest users browse on mobile devices
2. Three quarters of content on Pinterest is posted by brands
3. 70% of sales generated by Promoted Pins comes from new customers
4. 55% of Pinterest users look and shop for products on the platform
5. 67% of Pinterest users are under 40
Is your brand ready to move forward with a social media strategy that attracts and retains customers? Contact Women's Marketing to learn about our suite of marketing services designed to grow your brand.