It wasn't that long ago that marketers were talking about the digital shift from shopping on desktop to smartphones. Skeptics said it wouldn't happen—small screens and security concerns would prevent consumers from buying on mobile. It's safe to say they were wrong. Today, the same is being said about social commerce, but if history can predict the future, it's only a matter of time until more consumers begin buying via their favorite social media channels. As Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest expand shopping capabilities and improve the experience, we expect to see more consumers tapping the buy button...and it's already happening!
Top 5 Statistics On Social Commerce
1. 52% of marketers beleive that social commerce is one of the most important areas of investment
2. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Snapchat are the top performing social commerce platforms
3. Social is already influencing purchases across categories! 66% of beauty and fashion purchases are influenced by social media
4. 56% of people who follow brands on social media do so to see new products
5. Most important, 73% of people who have bought something via social media buy buttons say they would do so again!
Like our infographic? Discover how Women's Marketing's suite of marketing services can help to build your brand!