Athletic wear has come a long way since the ubiquitous velour track suits of the early 2000s. Athleisure is no longer just a fashion trend, it’s a way of life. Today, it’s as likely to be seen on the runway as in the gym as both designers and heritage active wear brands seize the opportunity to combine style with performance-based attributes. Although some analysts warn that the U.S. market may be reaching a saturation point, fitness enthusiasts, fashionistas, and a growing global market, particularly in China and Latin America, offer opportunities for brands and retailers.
Women's Marketing offers insight into trends across the beauty, fashion, food/beverage, and health and wellness categories. Let our expertise in reaching the female consumers when they're most receptive to your message guide your marketing efforts. Contact us today to learn what we can do for your brand.
5 Trends in Athleisure You Need to Know
1. The U.S. athletic apparel industry is prospering, ringing $97 billion in sales
2. U.S. represents 36% of global market
3. Analysts believe there’s potential for the category to grow globally by as much as 30% by 2020
4. 36% of consumers prefer to shop at stores that carry a variety of active wear brands instead of going to the brand’s store
5. One third of Millennials say they prefer to shop in stores that offer an experience! Active wear companies may have a leg up in engaging these consumers as they are naturally geared toward activities